Doggy Cake Recipe
If you're a doting dog mom like myself sometimes there are occasions you want to give your pup an extra special treat. For me, Theo's gotcha day is just such an occasion. Since he was found on the side of the road we have no idea when his actual birthday is, so his gotcha day gets all the celebrations.
To celebrate I'm baking him a dog-safe cake and sharing the recipe so you can make one for your pup too! The name of this recipe is officially Max's Delight, since I originally baked it for my late dog Max years ago.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1/3 cup mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter*
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter a 6" round pan and line bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix eggs, oil, bananas, peanut butter, carrot, and honey until smooth.
- Stir in flour & baking powder until combined.
- Pour batter into baking pan. You may need to use a spatula to spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 3-5 minutes, then remove and place on cake platter (or wherever else you're going to be serving it off of).
- Allow the cake to cool completely, then use additional peanut butter to frost the top.
- Cut a small slice for your dog to enjoy and serve. "Bone" appétit!
|Theo obviously approves!|