Record Store Day in Reno | April 22nd
If you didn't already know this about me, I looove collecting vinyl records! I think my collection is somewhere over 100 now with a dedicated space for storage and playing in my dining room. I will probably be adding to that number during this year's Record Store Day this Saturday!
Record Store Day (RSD) is an annual event that celebrates independently owned record stores. Usually there are special limited releases that you can only purchase at participating stores, special sales, and fun events in-store. Variety has a list of exclusive records that will be available this year in this article.
Here are the stores in Reno that will be participating:
"Recycled Records, it doesn't suuuck." They have a HUGE selection of second-hand vinyl, you could spend hours looking through their shelves. Their staff is super knowledgable and helpful in finding things you're looking for or might like.
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Where: 822 S. Virginia St.
- Will be handing out tickets to those who get there in the morning and will be calling them out on a first come first serve basis.
- Only two items allowed per person.
- Live music.
Sundance Books & Music
Located inside the historic Levy Mansion, Sundance Books & Music is such a wonderful spot to spend any afternoon. Their selection is smaller than the other stores in town but they have a great mix of new & vintage records.
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: 121 California Ave.
- Color vinyl, picture discs, and numbered limited editions available.
I haven't personally shopped at Discology before so I can't personally attest to their atmosphere or the kind of records they sell.
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: 11 N. Sierra St.
- Masks will be required for entry into the store.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the door upon entry & exit.
- Payments will be made with CASH or ZELLE only.
- Each customer will have ten minutes only in store, including check-out time. The first and second person in line will each get ten minutes uninterrupted. After that, they will stagger entry by five minutes before the next customer is allowed entry.
- Customers may purchase up to three RSD records, and an unlimited amount of other items. However, customers are allowed to purchase only one copy of each RSD exclusive item.
- There will be a separate line for people who want to purchase Taylor Swift's RSD exclusive.
- The owner asks that you please show up as early as possible, and be there by 8 a.m.
- The line will start to the left of the front door and follow to the west in front of the store windows.
- Price is $45, cash only. Exact change is preferred but not required.
EP Listening Lounge
There is a RSD event at the EP Listening Lounge, but they are not officially registered with RSD and will not have any of the exclusive RSD releases. They will exclusively be selling second-hand vinyl.
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: 1300 S. Wells Ave.
- 500+ record drop.
- Beer & well drink specials.
- Discount record boxes.
- Rare finds.
180 Gram Records
180 Gram Records supplies the EP Listening Lounge with their vinyl stock. They specialize in sourcing high-quality second hand vinyl. An additional RSD event, a vinyl garage sale, will be hosted by them on Sunday, April 23rd.
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: 760 Bates Ave.
- 6,000+ record yard sale.
- All records $3!